Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Suspended (temporarily)

When my kids are home from school, everything in my life is suspended.

Working out.
Cooking.
Diet.
Proper grocery shopping.
Housework.
All other plans.

I love my family dearly but they are all adults now and I want them to get on with their own lives.

When it is just me and the spouse rattling around in this big ole house, I feel free!  I have a definite sense of freedom and independence.  I no longer worry about my adult children to the extent I used to worry about them.  To do so is counterproductive.  My kids are going to do whatever they want to do, regardless of whether I worry/complain/advise or not.

I have adopted an attitude of, "Let the chips fall where they may." I remember my mother doing the same with me and now I understand why.  A person can drive themselves crazy worrying about people, situations and events beyond control.

This post is my way of saying that I will get my freedoms back just as soon as school is back in LOL  Until then, not much is happening around here.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Enjoy your time with the family! :) The rest can wait...

The Quest said...

@Lena ~ Indeed. I hope you are well :)

Post a Comment